Sharing the news, and some easy activities and links for those precious, quiet hours.
Annual Membership Promotion Ends Tonight!
During July, CKC’s Annual Membership is $8, and Sustaining Membership is $28. That’s it! And it comes with so many benefits! A free pattern, supporting a great cause, and much more. So go ahead — decide what level of membership support feels right for you. Renew or extend your membership today — and get one for a friend!
We want to thank all new and renewing CKC Members for your support!
Many thanks to Membership Coordinator Marina Scott for donating four Annual CKC memberships to give away during our July membership drive.
Our winners are Harriet Christabel @woolly_ninja, Cashman Kerr Prince @cashmancreates, Eva Frederick @evacharlesanna, andCorrie Bryant-Habib @1120magnolia, all from Instagram. Congratulations! We’re glad you’re part of CKC!
We posted the giveaways on our Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook feeds. Next year we’ll post on TikTok as well, so if you’re not following us on social media, now’s the time to do it.
Scraptastic: A CKC Ravelry Group Make-Along
Join us on Ravelry for a Make-Along using your leftover skeins and scraps. Motivated by scarcity, thrift, or sentiment, making with scraps is a time-honored practice throughout most world cultures. Whether you are making a memory shawl or blanket to keep, or creating cheerful items to wear, give as gifts, or donate to a local charity, please join us on Ravelry and share your projects and stories. We’ll keep this thread active for a while.
Knitting & Crochet in the News:
By Anne Lies
I know you’ve been on the edge of your seat… We have a winner!
- UK team win the Heavy Metal Knitting World Championships in Finland(short version)
- UK team wins Heavy Metal Knitting World Championship 2022(full stream—sorry for the spoiler)
Giving new meanings to “yarn therapy”
- Best job ever: Dominion woman’s Rolling Yarn Shop saving grace during cancer battle
- Crocheting and knitting: How these age-old hobbies helped many youngsters overcome stress, anxiety amid pandemic
From the Department of I-Beg-Your-Pardon?
- Pots of gold: the world’s most expensive house plants
- Soooo… maybe it’s time for a little DIY? Your Life-Sized Houseplants With These Step-by-Step Crochet Patterns
Not your average string art
- Tracing a lineage of Chilkat weavers in ‘A Life Painted in Yarn’
- Another sip of HOTTEA: Kaleidoscopic Yarn Installations are a Feast for the Senses
- Yes, You Can Make Your Own Rug
- Unless you’d prefer something a little more… versatile? How To Make Your Own Game of Thrones Cape with an IKEA Rug
Taking crochet to the streets:
- Artist London Kaye brings crochet mural to Dallas Central Library
- Want to get involved? Love Across the USA
Fiber artists hard at work
- MoCA Westport Opens Textile Show Inspired by Suffragist Protest
- The Labor of US Citizenship, One Stitch at a Time
And… Mesmerizing… How multicolored specialty yarn is made
Your Voice Matters!
We invite YOU to contribute to CKC’s monthly newsletter. Please email your ideas, stories, and announcements to email@example.com. We hope to hear from you!
Please visit CKC’s Newsletter Archive!
July Newsletter Contributors:
Anne Lies, Jennifer Lindsay, Marina Scott, Suzann Thompson.